6 people observed screaming Bigfoot for several minutes

Posted Thursday, May 23, 2019

By Squatchable.com staff

From the Uinta mountains in Wyoming: I was 19 years old at that time. I had just gotten out of high school just six months before. I had just gotten a job with a seismographic company. My cousin also got on at the same company. We were given a holiday break in December and told we would relocate to a town 56 miles south of Diamondville called Evanston, Wyoming after the holidays. So after the holidays I, and my cousin relocated with them to Evanston. We worked togther on a crew of six men putting down and picking up seismic jugs. A van or and a helicopter would take to our work site from our base operation in Evanston every morrning and pick us up every night and take us back to Evanston. This went on day in and day out for about three weeks as we worked in the Uinta Mountains southeast of Evanston with out anything unusual happening. You would see the occasional mule deer or elk. On the morrning of the 15th of January our boss told us that he wanted the crew to go into the mountains and get some jugs we laid down two days before. He said he wanted some volunteers to do this job because there was a big winter storm moving in and we might get caught in the mountanis but that he would pay us double if we did this. So my cousin and I with four outher guys said we would do this. They flew us out to the work sight at around 7:30 a.m. we started picking up jugs and bagging them up, it was cold and clouded over. We were working on snow shoes and where going along at a pretty good clip. We stopped and took a short water break around 10:00 a.m. then went back to work. At around 11:00 a.m. it cut loose and started snowing lightly, but we kept on working untill we made to the top of this little hill at around 12:15 p.m. We stopped for lunch on top this hill over looking some heavy black timber. We started a little cooking fire to cook our lunches and to warm ourselves up. As we sat there talking about how many jugs we still had to pick up we figured it would be around 2:00 p.m. before we would be done with the job. As we talked one of the guys pointed down the hill and said "look there's a bear". We all turned and looked and we saw something dark working its way through the timber. At first it did look like a black bear working its way through the timber. Then it broke out of the timber about 500 yards from us. It was black with hair all over its body, except for its face which seemed to be sort of a lighter color. It was walking upright on two legs like a man. Its arm were long and swinging back and forth and it was taking long strides with each step it took. We couldn't really see the face at first because it was walking with its right side to us. It didn't seem to notice us at first and it was making sounds like someone talking to themself. I said in sort of a loud voice "That's not a bear! What the hell is that!". One guy told me be quiet, but it must of heard us because it stopped and turned and looked right at us all standing on the hill above it. It was surprised to see us. It then turned and bolted into the timber breaking timber and brush as it went making all kinds of noise. At first we all just stood there dumbfounded at what we had just seen. Then all at once we heard a screaming moaning sound come out of the timber below us. That made our hearts stop for a minute. It sounded like a cougar and a woman screaming at the same time. Our foreman told us he didn't know what it was, but he wanted to leave. We all made our way up to the hill over looking the hill we were on when we saw it. As we were half way up that hill it let out that scream again, only it seemed closer. That scream froze all of us in our tracks. To this day I can't think about that with out feeling some terror inside myself. When we got on top of the hill the foreman radioed Evanston and told them to send the helicopter to pick us up. It took them about 20 minutes to get there and pick us up because it started snowing really heavy. They picked us up and took us back to Evanston but no one said a thing all the way back. We talked with each other about that night over some beers and decided not to say anything to anyone who wasn't there. via (Link: bfro.net)